New Zealand is on every traveler’s bucket list. Here, you’ll find lots of Instagram opportunities as you travel throughout this striking country’s north and south islands. The diversity of the landscape, not to mention its setting for the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie series, will find yourself getting lost in the dramatic scenery and its adrenaline fueled pursuits. In a country with three times more sheep than people, you can really absorb yourself in the beauty of such an unspoiled landscape.
New Zealand Highlights
• Include a glacier landing and lunch on the West Coast Beach with an incredible Fiordland (Milford and Doubtful Sounds) helicopter experience.
• Wine tour in one of the countries many wine regions – Hawkes Bay, Marlborough or Central Otago – meet local wine growers and taste straight from the barrels.
• Get cultured in Rotorua (for Maori Culture, Rotorua is the place to be). Here you can also explore the geothermal sights including Geysers, boiling mud pools & huge volcanic craters.
• Ignite your childlike wonder, with one of the many adrenaline activities such as kayaking through fjords, bungie jumping, rafting, skydiving, and summiting mountain peaks, to name a few!
• Visit Waiheke island – hugely popular with visitors as well as the locals – home to a magical blend of vineyards, olive groves, beaches, art studios and funky cafes.
• Explore the great outdoors by doing one of the many hikes the country is famous for. (Tongariro Alpine Crossing in the North and the Routeburn Track in the South are two of the many).
• Have an up-close encounter with the Giant Sperm Whales and pods of Dusky dolphins on a cruise in Kaikoura.
• Take the Tranz Alpine train for the East Coast to the West in the South Island and travel down the rugged West Coast to Franz and Fox Glacier – take part in glacier hike.
• Sail around the many Islands in the Bay of Islands onboard a private yacht. Swim with dolphins, relax on golden beaches and visit the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
when to go
September to April
New Zealand dollar
7 + nights to 2 weeks.
ET + 17 hours
Auckland (AKL); Christchurch (CHC), Queenstown (ZQN)
LUXURY LODGES WE LOVE
Below we’ve put together a few of our favorite exceptional luxury properties that may feature in your bespoke New Zealand itinerary. All set in oustanding locations, whether by a sandy beach, high in the mountains or in a trendy lakeside village, all owned and operated by people who share a deep love and knowledge of their surroundings.
eichardts private hotel
seascape annadale farm
THE LODGE AT KAURI CLIFFS
HELENA BAY LODGE
luxury homes & villas we love
From exclusive use private residences where you are waited on hand and foot by in-house staff, to luxury lodges perched overlooking the ocean, inner-city penthouses and luxury tents, private villas to boutique hotels, and island resorts – our local partner in New Zealand offers the largest selection of luxury stays throughout the South Pacific. With a dedicated travel designer providing 24/7 concierge services, all aspects of your stay will be executed to a world-class standard with every detail delivered above and beyond expectation.
kohara lodge, Queenstown
sunrise bay, wanaka
forty two, queenstown
te kahu, wanaka
Minaret station alpine lodge
Helicopter-only access is the first clue that you’re in for an epic stay at Minaret Station Alpine Lodge. Adding to the body of exclusive experiences are all-inclusive gourmet meals and individually crafted itineraries that run the heli adventure gamut. Touch down in an Alpine meadow for a picnic, or atop a peak, to bike or ski down; take a jet boat across remote lakes and fish for rainbow trout in crystalline rivers. Set at the head of a glacial valley within the Southern Alps, the lodge comprises four sheepskin-carpeted chalets with on-deck hot tubs; unwind in the main lodge’s cozy library and lounge.
What our clients say
“We had a fabulous trip. New Zealand is such a gorgeous place and our guide Judy was lovely. We just arrived back in Sydney and getting ready for the long journey back home. Thank you for the cheese board you sent to our hotel. Very sweet of you. And thank you Marie-France, for planning such a great trip”.