‘Why would anyone want to go to a place that has nothing to offer beyond mysterious jungle paths, hidden Mayan pyramids, exotic flora and fauna, spectacular Caribbean beaches and the world’s second-largest barrier reef – where you can dive among undulating rays and schools of iridescent fish – plus hospitable people, political stability and an incredible array of luxury accommodations? Ah. Right. Well, then, if you can look past all of that and imagine a bespoke vacation in Belize, we’ll see what we can do’…
AMBERGRIS CAYE | CAYE CAULKER | MOUNTAIN PINE RIDGE | PLACENCIA | BLUE HOLE | BARRIER REEF | CARACOL & XUNANTUNICH
Things not to miss in belize
Belize’s rich cultural treasures and scenic countryside offer plenty of opportunities to explore. Check out Mayan ruins in Xunantunich or, for a more modern atmosphere, experience the nightlife in the capital city Belmopan. Other popular Belize destinations include:
• Scuba-diving with whale sharks. These huge but gentle giants are seen off the coast of Belize between March and June, and are most likely to be spotted when it’s a full moon. You can also snorkel above them as they often come right up to surface.
• The Hol Chan Marine Reserve, where you can snorkel with stingrays
• Caving the Actun Tunichil Muknal caves, one of Belize’s many Mayan caves. Plunging into darkness, clambering through crevices, and dipping under water, before exploring the site of a Mayan sacrifice.
• Snorkeling with manatees. Otherwise known as sea-cows, these curious creatures are an endangered species but thrive in Belize. Swimming with them is a magical and really quite hypnotic experience
• The Blue Hole, a popular destination among scuba divers looking to spot Caribbean reef sharks
BEST TIME TO GO
November to May
English, Spanish, Kriol
a few HOTELS WE LOVE
BLANCANEAUX, mountain pine ridge
TURTLE INN, Placencia
your own private island
A new addition to Francis Ford Coppola’s hotel collection, this castaway island with just two sumptuous beachy dwellings adorned with luxury touches, offers the ultimate exclusive use private island experience.
Just three miles from San Pedro, this secluded private island resort has seven villas, each with private beach access and a personal houseman. Each villa is outfitted with luxury amenities, Master chefs prepare fresh meals daily that are tailed to fit each guest’s preferences. The entire island can be rented for up to eighteen guests.
We are on our way home and wanted to thank you again for booking an incredible trip. Both the Resort in Mexico and Belize were beautiful. Great weather and service. We even decided to do a second snorkeling excursion while here (doing both the inner and outer reef).
Couldn’t have asked for more.
Thank you again.
As a travel expert who has spent 6 months working as a guide in Belize, Marie-France is ready to help you tailor this journey to your exact preferences and needs. Please call us at +1 647 269 1929